Do you have a stellar idea for an original guest post on Making Motherhood Matter?
Great! I’m always on the lookout for great contributors like you! I am looking for original (meaning not previously published work) on anything related to motherhood (pregnancy – preschool) and lifestyle topics like recipes, organization, DIY, and more.
Please use the checklist below to include the components of the ideal guest post piece or get your printable guide here. Don’t forget to scroll to the bottom to sign the licensing agreement. Happy writing!
How to Create the Ideal Guest Post for Making Motherhood Matter
- Create a title with the help of a headline analyzer like this: http://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer. You want a score of 70 or better.
- Search Google for your headline idea to see what popular keywords (2-5 word phrases) come up at the bottom of your search or if you have a Google Keyword Planner that would be even better. You may want to alter your title to include one of these keyword phrases, which will, in turn, get more eyes on your piece.
- Following the following formatting guide:
- Title (Include your keyword phrase).
- Intro paragraph: Into paragraphs that open with a story tend to connect quickly with the audience and keep them around for the rest of your piece. (Include your keyword phrase at some point).
- Body: Within the body of your piece, please include subheadings if your body has more than 300 words. Also, try to naturally incorporate your keyword phrase.
- Closing Paragraph: Use a heading like “Wrapping Up 5 Ways to …” Here you can summarize your piece or bring closure to your article. Again, try to naturally incorporate your keyword phrase.
- Use a free tool like Grammarly (https://www.grammarly.com/) to proofread your piece.
- Finally, make finishing touches by running your piece through a readability tool like this: https://www.perrymarshall.com/grade/ to make sure you have a Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level of 8 (for 8th grade) or lower.
- Great! You are ready to complete the licensing agreement and email your article with your bio and a profile picture to firstname.lastname@example.org. I can’t wait to see your work.
I look forward to sharing your author bio including one link to your website and your social media handles with my audience!
The Details: Guest Posting on Making Motherhood Matter
Once you are done crafting your article using the checklist above. Please agree to the licensing terms below (the purple Google Form) and then e-mail your piece, your headshot, a 2-3 sentence bio, your blog URL, and social media links to amylubooks (at) gmail (dot) com. Note: Feel free to include photos with a link to where you found them, however I reserve the right to use my own imagery.
There is no monetary compensation for guest posts. However, if your piece is selected to be published on Making Motherhood Matter, I will include a short bio, your social media links, and one link to your website. I will also promote your piece across my social media platforms.
If your submission is selected, I will notify you within 7-10 days. Although I will do my best to respond to each query, if you do not hear from me within this time frame, please feel free to submit elsewhere.
Sound good? Sweet, I can’t wait to read your work!
Join over 300+ mamas to gain access to my library of free resources including meal planning templates, inspirational posters, a journal, checklists, time-saving resources and more. Enter your email here.